Sitebee

Technical SEO
Staff member
Python SEO is growing rapidly in popularity, especially for large high-traffic websites. Python SEO is immensely useful for speeding up repetitive SEO tasks and data analysis. In more recent times Python is being used alongside machine learning algorithms for experimentation and language analysis. Even BERT scoring.

There’s no denying that Python has made its mark on the Technical SEO and Data Analysis fraternities. Before moving on to showcase excellent usages and opportunities lets see how Python and SEO mesh together with meaning. Bare with me on this one, It might be a little difficult to explain.

What is Python?​

Released in the early 1990s Python is a programming language created by Guido van Rossum. Purposely designed to have easily readable syntaxes to speed up programming. Using Python to fetch, sort and manipulate data is relatively easy for people with little coding knowledge. Actual programming for applications in Python takes time.

What is SEO?​

Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is a broad term encompassing activities that are fundamental to sparking an increase in organic search visibility. Yep, that’s straight from my homepage. Wikipedia says “Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of increasing the quality and quantity of website traffic by increasing the visibility of a website or a web page to users of a web search engine”.

What is Python SEO?​

Python SEO is the name widely accepted name for using Python’s syntaxes for efficient data processing of large and complex datasets. Python can also be used for Machine Learning (ML) data interpretation such as algorithm analysis.

Keep Calm and Learn Python​

Writing those last few paragraphs took longer than I thought. I have a real interest in learning a basic understanding of Python. If the blog posts and rhetoric I have read are true, it would mean I could save valuable time on repetitive data analysis tasks. As we all know, time is money. If I can save time on repetitive data analysis tasks, then surely that’s a good thing? Working more effectively and efficiently is music to my bosses ears.
But to be honest, aside from the time-saving benefits. It’s the Machine Learning (ML) aspect of Python SEO that’s really piqued my interest. I’ve been reading articles on how to use Python for ML. Such as using Python to access Google’s Cloud Natural Library for sentiment analysis, entities and content classification.
python-seo.jpg

Surely by now, most of you reading this know that Google’s organic search core algorithm is heavily integrated with Machine Learning (ML) technologies. Take BERT for example, although it’s a pre-trained NLP (Natural Language Processing) ML algorithm. BERT (Bidirectional Encoder Representations from Transformer) has made a significant impact on the long-tail queries SERP landscape. Connecting the dots of the disambiguated and sematic phrase meanings that RankBrain couldn’t decipher.

To stay relevant and forward-thinking as an SEO Consultant, Tech SEO or whatever. Understanding ML technologies is a given. Python is a gateway to interact with the ML technologies.

If you’re coming on the same journey as me to learn Python for SEO. Feel free to drop in a comment below. In fact, I’d love to seek out a couple of guest bloggers who are well underway to mastering Python for SEO. Share your knowledge.